Ane familiar brand stood out from the competition.

Frozen food is quick and like shooting fish in a barrel—that's why so many people dearest it. While it may not be the all-time for u.s., that doesn't take abroad from the fact that it involves very little preparation and is done in seconds. Later all, who actually wants to cook when they don't accept to? Non me. With that said, at that place are many different types of frozen meals like burritos and pasta to choose from, and it can exist difficult to find the correct one.

For those lovers of Mexican cuisine, sometimes there merely isn't the time to go to your favorite restaurant (no, Chipotle doesn't count) or enough money to guild in. However, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy frozen Mexican nutrient. I know what you're thinking: Is there actually such a matter?

The respond is yes. I went to the grocery store and taste-tested five different burritos to see which 1 was the all-time. Based on taste, texture, and flavour, here'due south how the frozen burritos ranked, listed here from worst to best.

And for more, bank check out these We Tried the Almost Popular Fast-Food Burritos & This Is the Best!

goya beef and bean burrito

I've had Goya beans before and take actually enjoyed them, so I was very disappointed with this burrito. I don't even know if I tin can really call it that. While it had beefiness, beans, and rice, it was but flavorless. Not just was it dry, simply it was also bland. The beans were the only role of this burrito that really made an impression, and that's not by much. Adjacent time, I'd add some Mexican seasoning to this burrito or dunk it in sour cream because information technology did not hit the spot.

RELATED: Sign up for our newsletter to get daily recipes and food news in your inbox!

frozen alpha philly burrito

I don't follow a vegan diet, but I'm e'er interested in trying meatless options. Withal, I made a mistake with this frozen burrito. If you've always had "meatless" meat before, then y'all might recognize the cat-food-looking beef-fashion crumbles. I was not a fan of the texture or consistency of the meat, merely the cheese was a unlike story. For cheese lovers, the melted vegan provolone cheese was rich and hit the spot. The grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms added the familiar flavor of a Philly cheesesteak which helped ease the "meatless" taste.

I likewise appreciated that this burrito is packed with xi grams of plant-based poly peptide to keep you feeling satisfied, as that's not a quality often plant in frozen nutrient.

RELATED: 20 Like shooting fish in a barrel Burrito Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss

box of tinas frozen burritos

When I remember of burritos, ordinarily a bit of spice comes to heed. I'1000 not a fan of super spicy nutrient, just a tiny kick can make a huge difference. This was definitely the case for this frozen burrito from Tina'southward. While the spice from the ruby-red peppers was nice, I tin can't say I tasted any of the seasoned ground beefiness in this burrito because the mushy pinto beans took center phase. This burrito was not my favorite, but I'd eat it again considering the flavor was there.

amys burrito

I've had Amy's products before, but never a frozen burrito. Every bit someone who likes to eat on the healthier side, I immediately gravitated to this cheddar cheese, bean, and rice burrito in the freezer. While the previous three burritos didn't accept a tortilla that stood out, this one did. The thick tortilla worked well to keep all the ingredients contained while remaining soft and fluffy. I could not get enough of the cheese in this burrito, which was mixed in with the rice and beans. The mild Mexican-style sauce was non-existent to my taste buds, merely I appreciated that considering it would have detracted if at that place was too much spice. Add a dollop of sour cream on the side, and you lot're all set with this burrito.

RELATED: The #1 Best Canned Soup for Weight Loss, Says Nutritionist

jose ole frozen chimichanga

Technically, my favorite frozen burrito is classified equally a chimichanga. If you don't know what a chimichanga is, it'due south a deep-fried burrito. This beef and cheese burrito was a cheese lover'south dream. There was not a bite where the rich Monterey Jack cheese wasn't present, which was a bonus. This burrito did not autumn autonomously as I ate it, which was a plus, considering there's zilch more annoying than having your whole meal disappear correct in forepart of your eyes.

This burrito receives v stars in my book and will definitely be in my shopping cart during my next trip to the grocery shop.

Cheque out more of our exclusive taste tests:

Nosotros Tasted viii Hot Dog Brands & This Is the Best

We Tasted seven Microwave Popcorns & This Is the Best!

We Tasted vii Ranch Dressings & This Is the Best!

Casey Clark

Casey Clark is a current journalism student at Hofstra University with a passion for food, beauty, and entertainment. Read more than